Posted on: May 7, 2022
For Earth For Life BASIC PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF POSITION The
Collections Representative I generally resolves escalated customer
service and collections issues. Collection issues begin at 20 days
past due but can begin at earlier delinquency stages. These issues
require the representative to possess a high level of experience
and knowledge. PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES: This position does the
following in accordance with all applicable Federal, State and
local laws / regulations and the Company's policies, procedures and
- Make hard push to cure delinquent accounts at 20 to 54 days
past due. This requires manual calls, contacting references,
contacting the selling dealer, and using skip tracing tools.
- During the course of customer contact, the Collections
Representative I will discover problem accounts. These include but
are not limited to straw purchases, customer's issues with the
financed equipment, fraud accounts, accounts which cannot be
reached by the auto-dialer, deceased customers, and dealer recourse
accounts. The Collections Representative I will work to resolve
these issues and if necessary will seek the assistance of the
Collections Representative II, Collections Team Lead, the
Collections Supervisor, or the LSC Manager.
- Regularly review accounts by following the set procedure.
- Assist Customer Service Representatives with customer calls if
- Work accounts via the auto-dialer as needed.
- Assist Customer Service Representatives by offering suggestions
to resolve issues. If the customer call escalates, the call can be
passed on to a Collections Representative I for resolution.
- Work with dealers to resolve customer account issues.
- Submit requests to the Loan Administration Department to review
account information including payment postings and due dates.
- Other duties as assigned. SPECIAL PROJECTS As assigned. MINIMUM
QUALIFICATIONS EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS, AND TRAINING: High school
diploma, some college preferred. SKILLS AND BACKGROUND:
- 1+ years' of customer service and collections experience;
automated dialer experience is a must.
- Must have full knowledge and understanding of all Fair Debt
Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) procedures.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Analytical problem solving skills. Must be able to read and
understand LSC reports.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Word and Excel and ability to
quickly learn and use other software packages
- Knowledge and understanding of basic accounting
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations including
addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to follow a firm but fair approach towards
- Must be able to determine the appropriate amount of pressure to
apply based on the past due days of the account.
- Must be familiar with basic skip tracing tools and techniques
LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to read, write and communicate
in English. Bilingual is a plus, but not a job requirement.
EQUIPMENT OPERATION (% of time, description, nature of service):
Office equipment including computer, fax machine, copy machine,
phone, printer PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Requires walking, standing
and extended sitting at a computer. Must be able to lift up to
15-20 lbs. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: 1. Must be able to complete
daily tasks within the allotted time. 2. Must be able to prioritize
tasks with minimal supervision. 3. Maintain professional decorum
with difficult customers. DISCLAIMER: The information provided in
the description has been designed to indicate the general nature
and level of work performed by incumbents within the
classification. This description is not intended to be a
comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities,
qualifications and working conditions required of employees
assigned to this job/classification. This job is intended to
include the current essential functions of the job. Management
reserves the right to add or modify the duties and responsibilities
and to designate other functions as essential at any time. Kubota
is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of age,
race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or
national origin. Other details
Keywords: Kubota, Grapevine , Collections Representative, Accounting, Auditing , Grapevine, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!