Development Data Engineer III - Grapevine
Company: Paycom Payroll Llc
Posted on: January 12, 2022
This position will be located within the Development and IT
space and work closely with computer scientists, IT and data
scientists to build, deploy and optimize data pipelines and
integrate data infrastructure for enabling analytics, reporting,
and machine learning workloads at scale.
- Build, test, and validate robust production-grade data
pipelines that can ingest, aggregate, and transform large datasets
according to the specifications of the internal teams who will be
consuming the data
- Build frameworks and custom tooling for data pipeline code
- Deploy data pipelines and data connectors to production
- Configure connections to source data systems and validates
schema definitions with the teams responsible for the source
- Monitor data pipelines and data connectors and troubleshoot
issues as the arise
- Monitor data lake environment for performance and data
- Manage data infrastructure such as Kafka and Kubernetes
- Collaborate with IT and database teams to maintain the overall
- Assist data science, business intelligence, and other teams in
using the data provided by the data pipelines
- Mentor junior data engineers
- Deploy machine learning models to production environments
- Gather requirements and determine scope of new projects
- Research and evaluate new technologies and set up
- Test proof-of-concept deployments of new technologies
- Collaborate with data governance and compliance teams to ensure
data pipelines and data storage environments meet requirements
- Serve as on-call for production issues related to data
pipelines and other data infrastructure maintained by the data
engineering teamMINIMUM BASIC
- BS degree in Computer Science or related fieldExperience:
- 5+ years of data engineering work experience
- Experience coding in Java or Scala and build tools such as
Maven, Gradle, and SBT is required
- Experience with SQL databases
- Experience working with HDFS or S3 storage environments
- Experience with Apache Spark or Databricks and reading and
writing Parquet, Avro and JSON
- Experience working in a Unix or Linux environment including
writing shell scripts
- Experience with ETL and ELT processes in data pipelines
- Experience with CICD tools and processes
- Experience coding in Python
- Experience with NoSQL solutions
- Experience with Apache Kafka or Confluent is highly
- Experience with data lake query engines such as Presto or
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes highly preferred
- Experience with workflow orchestration tools like Apache
Airflow, Control-M, or Arrow highly preferredSkills and Abilities:
- Strong expertise in computer science fundamentals: data
structures, performance complexities, algorithms, and implications
of computer architecture on software performance such as I/O and
- Working knowledge software engineering fundamentals: version
control systems such as Git and Github, workflows, ability to write
- Knowledge of data architecture and data processing engines such
as Spark and Hadoop.
- Ability to create SQL queries of moderate complexity.
- Knowledge of Java or Scala.
- Knowledge of Apache Spark
- Knowledge of Python, R, C#, or PHP is helpful.
- Knowledge of HDFS and S3 storage environments
- Strong trouble-shooting skills.
- Knowledge of technical infrastructure.
- Strong technical aptitude.
- Has strong critical thinking skills and the ability to relate
them to the products of Paycom.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication
Paycom is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any kind. Paycom makes employment
decisions on the basis of business needs, job requirements,
individual qualifications and merit. Paycom wants to have the best
available people in every job. Therefore, Paycom does not permit
its employees to harass, discriminate or retaliate against other
employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin,
military and veteran status, age, physical or mental disability,
genetic characteristic, reproductive health decisions, family or
parental status or any other consideration made unlawful by
applicable laws. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to
all persons in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion,
discipline, compensation benefits, and separation of employment.
The Human Resources Department has overall responsibility for this
policy and maintains reporting and monitoring procedures. Any
questions or concerns should be referred to the Human Resources
Keywords: Paycom Payroll Llc, Grapevine , Development Data Engineer III - Grapevine, Engineering , Grapevine, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!