Posted on: May 28, 2023
For Earth For Life
BASIC PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF POSITION
Provides engineering support to develop attachments, implements and
accessories for all assigned products to increase the sales of
Kubota products. Performs tasks of test fitting, performance
testing, test report writing completing the engineering release
documentation, supports customer and dealer surveys and is an
advocate for the voice of the customer (VOC). Mentors other
engineers and contributes in cross functional teams.
PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES: This position does the following in
accordance with all applicable Federal, State and local laws /
regulations and the Company's policies, procedures and
- Provides engineering project leadership and management for all
projects related to assigned product families and can work
independently when needed.
- Works with vendors to develop and release new implements,
attachments, and accessories products to expand and enhance the
- Develops and maintains technical information necessary to
support new product releases such as, technical specifications, CAD
drawings, whole good and part numbers, assembly instructions,
fit-up and match test reports, cost, and product compatibility
- Maintains database information and performs minor
- Performs match testing on production orders to ensure newly
developed products are supplied as indented and will meet the
dealer's and end user's expectations
- Creates reports and documentation of project development
- Develops a basic understanding of relevant standards and
regulations used in our industry for all assigned products.
- Develops a fundamental understanding of top three competitive
products for assigned products as well as relative advantages and
understands key market applications for these products.
- Experienced in product development in 2 or more product
- Attends trade shows, industry compliance meetings and training
sessions as needed, to expand product knowledge.
- Works to understand the root cause of service issues reported
to Engineering. Provides necessary support to develop and implement
solutions to resolve these technical issues.
- Assists with Sales and Dealer Meeting to set-up equipment,
demonstrative new products to show advantages, and meeting
- Manages memo inventory for all assigned products used to
support department operations.
- Provides safe and effective support for tool usage and mechanic
skills as needed for new development projects. Able to perform
mechanic jobs unassisted as needed.
- Provides support for test development and instrumentation for
performance, compatibility, durability, or other off-road mobile
- Provides support to other's (including other departments) as
needed to support business and developmental objectives including
mentoring new engineers and contributing in cross-functional teams.
Also leads special projects.
- Other duties as assigned by management. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor of Science, Mechanical, electrical or Agricultural
- 3-6 years related experience required.
- Proven knowledge and understanding of mechanical engineering.
Ability to perform mathematical calculations at an engineering
level to support assigned products.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and tradeoffs. With
ability for independent product development.
- Contribute in cross functional teams.
- Lead special projects.
- Mentor new engineers.
- Knowledge, skill, and ability to safely operate off-road mobile
machinery including the ability to train and be trained in the
- Experience in product development with 2 or more product
- Ability to maintain, perform diagnostics, and repair on
off-road mobile machinery.
- Basic understanding and experience with test
- Ability to use a computer to enter/retrieve information.
Proficiency using Word, Excel, and CAD software.
- Ability in database use and basic programing.
- Understanding and application of engineering and business
processes. Leadership in process improvement.
- Understanding of product strengths and competitive
- Strong diagnostic, problem solving and documentation
- Works effectively and professionally in a team
- Basic ability to manage projects, budgets, and provide
self-leadership when appropriate. EQUIPMENT OPERATION (% of time,
description, nature of service):
- 60%- Agricultural, construction, and other Kubota equipment
including tractors, backhoes and utility vehicles and attachments.
(Maintain, modify, repair, and/or assemble equipment)
- 25%- Computer, copier, fax, phone, printer - No service
- 15%- Travel to support projects and surveys (Gather voice of
the customer VOC) details and to develop an industry understanding
of present conditions and future changes) PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- The position will require walking, standing and sitting in
field, shop, office and computer environments. DISCLAIMER:
The information provided in the description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
incumbents within the classification. This description is not
intended to be a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, qualifications and working conditions required of
employees assigned to this job/classification. This job is intended
to include the current essential functions of the job. Management
reserves the right to add or modify the duties and responsibilities
and to designate other functions as essential at any time.
Kubota is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not
discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment
because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual
orientation or national origin.
- Job Family Non-Warehouse Exempt
- Pay Type Salary
Keywords: Kubota, Grapevine , Engineer, Sr, Engineering , Grapevine, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...