Audit Manager - Credit Cards
Posted on: March 25, 2020
Purpose of JobWe are seeking a talented Audit Manager Credit
Cards for our San Antonio, TX, Plano, TX, or Remote facilities.
Purpose of the Job
Leads and executes both moderately and highly complex audit
engagements throughout the audit lifecycle, to include
understanding of horizontal and vertical business impacts,
integrating audits with IT, analytics, and projects and reviewing
work papers. Develops and independently performs complex work
assignments and problem resolution in support of risk-based
assurance and advisory engagements. Maintains a high degree of
business contact through fieldwork, often serving as the principal
fieldwork contact. Mentors staff auditors on audit excellence, to
include theory and application of audit and/or business/IT
techniques. Adheres to the Institute of Internal Auditors'
International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal
Auditing (Standards) and Code of Ethics. Maintains knowledge of
financial services regulations and effectively responds and
interacts with regulators.Job RequirementsPRIMARY
- Leads and executes both moderately and highly complex audit
engagements throughout the audit lifecycle.
- Manages engagement-related efforts and assignments of staff
with varying degrees of expertise and experience when conducting
engagements as the Auditor-in-Charge (AIC).
- Provides coaching and guidance to other auditors to ensure
quality and timely audit engagement deliverables.
- Updates engagement risk assessments utilizing current
- Develops and verifies accuracy of content within audit reports
and continuous monitoring.
- Reviews work papers and delivers audit team end of engagement
evaluations when applicable.
- Leads continuous monitoring and advisory activities, special
reviews and investigations.
- Builds and develops relationships both internally within Audit
Services and externally with clients and control partners to help
drive strategic objectives with the business.
- Ensures engagements are completed objectively, professionally,
and in accordance with corporate and industry audit standards.
- Identifies and remediates issues and roadblocks to successful
completion of audit activities.
- Provides guidance on the use of business systems, applications,
and/or audit tools to create queries and ad hoc reports. Reviews,
analyzes, and interprets data collected from multiple sources to
ensure valid conclusions are drawn.
- Communicates with the business/clients; delivers both
risk-based and difficult messages.
- May communicate with regulators and leaders.
- Identifies control weaknesses and opportunities for improvement
in the current operating environment and provides recommendations
for corrective action; drafts the related audit issues and audit
reports for issuance to respective client leadership and
coordinates and/or conducts follow-up activities as defined in the
- Bachelor's degree in Business relevant field OR four additional
years of related experience beyond minimum required may be
substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 6 or more years of audit, financial, insurance, banking,
information technology or related business and/or leadership
experience OR relevant Master's Degree with 4 or more years of
- Advanced knowledge of Audit theory and demonstrated experience
in audit execution.
- Advanced level business acumen in business operations, industry
practices, and emerging trends associated with Credit
- Audit experience, specifically with Credit Cards
- Experience working at a large financial institution
- Experience completing complex integrated audits end to end -
Prepare Risk and Control Matrix, Oversee completion of fieldwork
testing Control Design, Operating Effectiveness, Substantive
testing, Draft Audit Issues and Report
- Strong Project Management Experience
- Strong Communication skills written and oral
- Experience working as an Auditor In Charge on several
engagements at a time.
- Experience coaching and mentoring junior staff*Qualifications
may warrant placement in a different job level*When you apply for
this position, you will be required to answer some initial
questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin
the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time
and you will not able to change your responses.The above
description reflects the details considered necessary to describe
the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a
detailed description of all the work requirements that may be
performed in the job.At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best
benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business
casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental
and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs.
Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education
will assist you with your professional goals.USAA also offers a
variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage
your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two
company stores and three fitness centers.Relocation assistance is
available for this position.For Internal Candidates: Must complete
12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of
placement), or must have manager s approval prior to posting.Last
day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 03/25/2020
by 11:59 pm CST time
Keywords: USAA, Grapevine , Audit Manager - Credit Cards, Executive , Grapevine, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!