Manager, Data Analytics OmniChannel Investigations
Company: Gamestop, Inc.
Posted on: November 17, 2021
Description:*This position can be based in any major US city,
DFW area preferred. ? SummaryThe Manager of Data Analytics
Administration is responsible for contributing to the reduction of
company losses through data mining, analysis, and reporting
refinement. The Manager must have a deep familiarity in Salesforce
and will work closely with the ThinkLP team and internal
stakeholders to develop best in class exception-based reporting and
business intelligence.Part of the OmniChannel Investigations team,
the Manager of Data Analytics will help provide actionable
information to the Loss Prevention department to effectively reduce
all forms of theft, fraud, and inventory losses. The Manager will
lead collaborative efforts to develop new and effective ThinkLP
reporting and provide training to team members to meet the needs of
the organization. Associates in this position may interact with a
supervisor as needed. Most activities are completed without a
supervisor---s advance approval. ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND
- Keen understanding of retail inventory control, loss
prevention, finance, and eCommerce
- Excellent working relationships with internal business
- Energetic champion who can translate business process
requirements into a semi-technical solution
- Deep familiarity with and desire to learn Salesforce and
- Organized, detail-oriented, forward thinking, and pro-active
- Understanding of databases and data systems to extract value
from the reporting and analytics capabilities
- Excellent Quality Assurance type mindset that understands
downstream implications and testing required for changes made to
the configuration of your system
- Primary point of contact and works closely with the ThinkLP
team and internal stakeholders in the configuration and improvement
of the platform
- Understands the data entry, data management, and data reporting
functions of ThinkLP.
- Refinement of case, audit and other data entry forms including
required fields and field data validation rules to ensure we---re
collecting the right data.
- Create workflow processes including email notification message
rules and approval processes.
- An expert at creating new reports and dashboards and work with
team members on new reporting requirements.
- Sets project priorities and manage ThinkLP resources as
required for the scope of our projects.
- Helps create and maintain security profiles and other security
settings to maintain your information security policies.
- Provide internal technical support for questions raised about
the platform and help users who need assistance.
- Source and import data from other systems as required to
maintain a common data system for our department.
- Stays up to date on new features and functionality and decide
how they may or may not be utilized internally to provide greater
value to our organization.
- Train internal team members on new reporting and platform
- Enhance current LP Department data mining to meet the needs of
the LP Department and organization.
- Participate in investigation projects: review and understand
shrink, returns and financial data; identify effective data
analysis of omnichannel sales and loss trends in the retail
- Participate in collaborative research efforts into high shrink
markets and categories to identify potential theft or fraud and
inventory losses at local, regional, and global levels. Make data
analysis recommendations that support the LP Department---s
strategic goals. RELATED COMPETENCIES
- Authenticity --- Gaining other people---s trust by
demonstrating honesty, behaving consistently and acting in
accordance with moral, ethical, professional and organizational
- Building Functional Partnerships --- Identifying opportunities
and taking action to build functional relationships between one---s
own area and other areas, teams, departments, units or
organizations, both external and internal, to help achieve business
- Coaching --- Provide timely guidance and feedback to help
others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas needed to
accomplish a task or solve a problem.
- Navigating Complexity --- Proactively and quickly making sense
of complex issues; responding effectively to complex and ambiguous
situations; communicating complicated information simply.
- Emotional Intelligence --- Leveraging high levels of
self-awareness, self-management, social awareness and relationship
management, capacity to manage behavior, navigate social
complexities and make personal decisions to achieve positive
- Influential Leadership--- Persuading others to take action that
will advance shared interests and business goalsBASIC AND PREFERRED
QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE)
- Bachelor---s degree in data science, statistics, math, or a
related field from an accredited program required
- At least 5 years of related IT, inventory, or finance
--required --- experience in retail environment preferred
- Ability to work extended hours, including nights, weekends and
holidays during peak seasons and for special projects
- Proficient ability to communicate effectively with others using
spoken and written English
- Expert relationship building skills, including the capacity to
predict and manage behavior, build and leverage cross-functional
partnerships within and outside of the organization, and leverage
- Proficient knowledge of Windows-based computers and Microsoft
Office programs; specifically, Excel, Outlook and Word
- Demonstrated capacity for gathering/scrutinizing data to
identify issues, opportunities, patterns, and sustainable business
- Proficient project planning skills, including the ability to
organize, prioritize and control job responsibilities to meet
deadlines in an environment with overlapping and potentially
Keywords: Gamestop, Inc., Grapevine , Manager, Data Analytics OmniChannel Investigations, Executive , Grapevine, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!