Release Management Project Manager
Company: Paycom Payroll Llc
Posted on: May 13, 2022
The Release Management Project Manager delivers and supports new
solutions that are aimed at increasing feature usage and improving
our customer and employee experience at Paycom. This position is
responsible for planning, directing, coordinating, and monitoring
release activities of multiple product teams involved in the
implementation of product features and initiatives that support
business critical operational functions.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Schedule and lead the orchestration planning of complex release
deployment and maintenance activities.
- Provide timely and accurate communication including status
updates, system availability, and completion notifications.
- Coordinate daily with internal stakeholders, consult with
Marketing, internal training teams, etc, on release communications
- Collaborate with product teams to manage schedules and work
requests surrounding deployments.
- Consult on user impact and best practices when changing or
implementing new solutions.
- Lead weekly meetings that range from large group to small
groups displaying the recent feature releases.
- Identify high priority items and build project plan for each
release based on the characteristics of the project and development
- Maintain item tracker items and ensure that all relevant data
is kept up to date (estimated development time, approval source,
- Provide deep analysis of variable factors and proactive risk
management for high risk projects; recommend potential solutions to
issues; following established escalation procedures.
- Provide clear direction to internal teams to ensure all
releases are deployed similarly to ensure full adoption and client
usage of each feature.
- Work with colleagues to identify changing requirements and
ensure that appropriate parties are updated on project
- For large and complex projects, create and maintain a project
breakout and timeline. Coordinate with internal departments to
ensure each piece gets done on time and expectations are
- Plan product demos and showcases to inform stakeholders of
development changes to begin training & development
- Bachelors degree and 4 years of experience working in a
technical or software implementation role or equivalent combination
of education and experience
- 2 years of experience managing projects software/technical
- Prior experience with project management software
- Ability to motivate teams and manage projects with a calm and
- Demonstrated experience interfacing between various business
and technical teams
- Strong technical, project management, business analysis and
- Able to work independently as well as cross-functionally in an
organization to successfully implement projects
- Proficient in the use of agile Project management software
(e.g. Jira, Wrike, MS Project)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; high
attention to detail; ability to clearly and confidently explain new
concepts to audiences
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Well organized
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Customer Friendly Attitude
- Problem solving
- Adaptable to growth and changePaycom is an equal opportunity
employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind.
Paycom makes employment decisions on the basis of business needs,
job requirements, individual qualifications and merit. Paycom wants
to have the best available people in every job. Therefore, Paycom
does not permit its employees to harass, discriminate or retaliate
against other employees or applicants because of race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy,
national origin, military and veteran status, age, physical or
mental disability, genetic characteristic, reproductive health
decisions, family or parental status or any other consideration
made unlawful by applicable laws. Equal employment opportunity will
be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-employee
relationship. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of
employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training,
promotion, discipline, compensation benefits, and separation of
employment. The Human Resources Department has overall
responsibility for this policy and maintains reporting and
monitoring procedures. Any questions or concerns should be referred
to the Human Resources Department.
Keywords: Paycom Payroll Llc, Grapevine , Release Management Project Manager, Executive , Grapevine, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!