Director of Trauma
Company: Michigan Chapter American Academy of Pediatrics.
Posted on: August 5, 2022
JOB SUMMARY In collaboration with the Trauma System
Administrator and Divisional Trauma Director, the Regional Trauma
Director will assist in the overall coordination of the Trauma
System Strategic Planning, Regulatory Compliance, Performance
Improvement, Injury Prevention, and Registry aspects for the trauma
centers in their region. This includes strategic planning,
marketing, coordinating, evaluating, and promoting all trauma
programs within their assigned region. There shall be evidence of
strong communication and collaboration with the Executive
Leadership, medical staff, nursing staff at each trauma center in
their region as well as the Texas Department of Health and the ACS
COT. This position is full time at Grapevine but will oversee both
Baylor Scott & White Health All Saints and Irving Hospitals.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE Home Trauma Center
- Organizes and coordinates necessary strategic planning,
marketing, evaluating, and promoting their home trauma center
- Strong evidence of communication and collaboration with their
home trauma center leadership, medical staff, nursing staff, Texas
Department of Health, and the Regional Advisory Council associated
with their trauma center.
- Spends approximately 45% of productive efforts on leadership
interface and strategic initiatives at the local, state, and
- Spends approximately 25% of productive efforts on ASC
Verification and Regulatory Compliance.
- Spends approximately 15% of productive efforts on Trauma Center
- Spends approximately 10% of productive efforts on effective
- Spends approximately 5% of productive efforts on appropriate
education and research.
- Continuously serves as a liaison with state and local public
officials for all trauma related issues, as well as to the Baylor
Scott & White Board of Directors, Senior Hospital and Medical Staff
Leadership communicating all ongoing Trauma Center
- Maintains active involvement with the Texas Department of
Health and the American College of Surgeons Committee on Trauma
related verification criteria and regulatory compliance.
Demonstrates Leadership Ability for ACS Verification, Regulatory
Compliance, and Performance Improvement:
- Identifies possible ACS Criterion Deficiencies and communicates
obstacles to corrective action to the appropriate senior
- Performs other position appropriate duties as required in a
competent, professional and courteous manner Regional Consultant
- In collaboration with the Trauma System Administrator, will be
responsible for completing an annual needs assessment for all
regional trauma programs and trauma related activities associated
with each trauma program.
- Ensures compliance with accepted standards, protocols, and
patient management guidelines regarding trauma care and identifies,
evaluates, and implements methods for resolution of regional
- In collaboration with the Trauma System Administrator,
responsible for developing systems/processes to evaluate, maintain,
and amalgamate all trauma programs within the region. This
includes, but is not limited to the Clinical, Information Systems,
Performance Improvement, Financial, Education, Marketing, and
- Remains current and actively involved in keeping up-to-date
with DSHS designation and ACS COT verification standard
- Clinical Evaluation and Performance Measures:
- Assists the Trauma System Administrator in the development of
trauma clinical systems and measures to evaluate such.
- Assists the Trauma System Administrator with ensuring the
compliance of each hospital's policies and procedures and timely
completion of performance reviews.
- Assists the Trauma System Administrator in evaluating the care
rendered to trauma patients through current and retrospective
performance improvement processes.
- Trauma Registry and Information Systems:
- Assists in the development and ongoing oversight of the trauma
registrars in the region.
- Assists the Trauma System Administrator and the Trauma Registry
Manager with ensuring the compliance of each hospital's policies
and procedures related to the Trauma Registry, Information Systems,
and Medical records.
- Assists the Trauma System Administrator with the maintenance of
trauma registries at each trauma center to ensure compliance and
reliability of the data submitted to the NTDB and the State Trauma
registry. Regional/State Program Involvement:
- Actively participates and represents Baylor Scott and White
Healthcare at regional, state and national trauma program
events/activities to include but not limited to; regional RAC
committee meetings, quarterly TTCF, TETAF, and DSHS GETAC meetings,
Texas TQIP meetings, ACS TQIP program and annual meetings.
Representation at national meetings for trauma nurses (Society of
Trauma Nurses) and trauma surgeons (EAST, WEST, or AAST) as
requested by the Trauma System Administrator.
- In collaboration with the Trauma System Medical Director and
Trauma System Administrator, will assist regional hospital trauma
program directors/managers and/or coordinators with the completion
of the application for trauma survey and preparation for DSHS
designation and/or ACS-COT verification trauma survey. Education:
- Assists, in collaboration with the Trauma System Administrator,
with the development of a trauma educational plan for all regional
health care professionals involved in trauma care, internally,
locally, and nationally.
- Performs other position appropriate duties as required in a
competent, professional and courteous manner. KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a trauma program
- Continually maintains an active membership and/or leadership
role in state or nationally recognized trauma professional
- Displays adequate knowledge for proper management principles,
resource management, and interpersonal relationship skills
including conflict resolution
- Maintains a high level of expertise through review of current
literature and attending expected external conferences keeping
current in the field of trauma and surgical critical care
- Familiar with computer program applications such as Excel,
Word, and Power Point and applicable EMR documentation software
used for documenting in a patient record BENEFITS Our competitive
benefits package includes the following
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1 Note: Benefits may vary based upon
position type and/or level QUALIFICATIONS
- EDUCATION - Bachelor's
- EXPERIENCE - 5 Years of Experience -
- ACLS (ACLS)
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Emergency Nrs Pediatric (ENPC), Pedi Adv Life Support (PALS):
Must have either a current PALS or current ENPC certification.
- RN- Advanced Trauma Care (ATCN), Trauma Nurse Core Course
(TNCC): Must have a current ATCN or current TNCC
Keywords: Michigan Chapter American Academy of Pediatrics., Grapevine , Director of Trauma, Executive , Grapevine, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!