Surgical Tech - CST
Company: Baylor Scott & White Health
Posted on: May 13, 2022
$10,000 Sign On Bonus !!
The Surgical Technician 3 functions in the inter operative phase of
patient care to expedite surgical procedures, under the direction
and supervision of a Registered Nurse. This position assists the
surgical team through the use of equipment and instrumentation to
ensure that the operating room environment is safe and that
required equipment is available and functioning properly. Assumes
responsibility for maintenance of equipment, instruments and
supplies for a specified surgical specialty line, acting as liaison
and educator of this service to surgeons and other team
*ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE*
* Scrubs for cases in all major surgical services according to
established procedures and standards requiring advanced knowledge
of anatomy, surgical instruments, Surgeon preferences, and other
* Passes sterile supplies and equipment to surgeons and assistants
during procedures by holding retractor devices and acts to
anticipate and respond to Surgical Team?s needs during course of
* Receives surgical specimens following specimen protocol, place in
preservative solutions and notifies circulating Nurse of source of
material and delivers to appropriate location.
* Counts sponges and needles according to established procedures
and assists with sterile dressing of operative site following
* Sets up the operating room according to surgical procedure
schedules; arranges sterile set up of instrument table supplies and
equipment required for specific procedure.
* Ensures the proper functioning of surgical instruments, equipment
and supplies during surgical procedures.
* Prepares the operative site by aseptically cleaning and shaving.
Cleans the operating room following each case and returns equipment
to appropriate storage areas. Ensures the cleaning,
decontamination, sterilization, maintenance and preparation of
surgical instruments, equipment and supplies for distribution.
* Assists the surgical team with draping and positioning the
* Maintains inventory of clean and sterilized surgical equipment,
instruments and supplies in accordance with established policies
and procedures and regulatory standards. Collaborates and maintains
control of maintenance of inventory; orders supplies, documents
equipment use and cart supplies, and maintains applicable records
* Follows infection control policies, Association of perioperative
Registered Nurses (AORN) recommendation practices, Occupational
Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) guidelines, and other
regulatory requirements in order to assure a safe work environment
for self, coworkers and patients.
*KEY SUCCESS FACTORS*
* Knowledge of infection prevention and regulatory sterilization
* Knowledge of the theory and application of sterile and aseptic
* Knowledge of human anatomy, surgical procedures and
implementation tools and technologies to assist surgeons with
invasive therapeutic and diagnostic procedures.
* Good verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal
skills to interact with surgical and central sterile processing
* Occasional exposure to chemical and radiation hazards.
Our competitive benefits package includes the following
* Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
* 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
* Tuition Reimbursement
* PTO accrual beginning Day 1
Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level
* EDUCATION - Grad of an Accredited Program
* EXPERIENCE - 2 Years of Experience
- CERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION -
* Cert Surgical Technolgst (CST)
* Basic Life Support (BLS): BLS or BLS within 30 days of hire or
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Health, Grapevine , Surgical Tech - CST, Healthcare , Grapevine, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!