Customer Service Coordinator I
Company: Yusen Logistics
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Qualified candidates must be bi-lingual in Japanese and
The Customer Service Coordinator manages Ocean Import shipments
ensuring effective customer service, accurate shipment processing,
timely deliveries and troubleshooting errors.
The position is located in either the Import or Export department
of "super" or "large" sized branches in the International Division
Responsibilities Act as the primary point of customer contact in
the assigned account:
- Primarily responsible for providing effective customer service
for all internal and external customers by utilizing in-depth
knowledge of operational (import or export) processes.
- Manage customer relationship in assigned accounts.
- Proactively provide shipment status and notify customers of any
delays regarding arrival, delivery or dispatch of shipments.
- Ensure Standard Operating Procedures are available for each
account serviced. Follow SOP in performance of all operational
Coordinate timely shipments at optimal cost and to customer
- Proactively ensure current pricing information is available for
all shipments before making necessary bookings.
- Co-ordinate with overseas offices, agents, customers and
domestic vendors for timely shipments in assigned accounts. Problem
- Address customer concerns, trouble shoot errors, provide timely
feedback on service failures and follow up on escalations.
- Review exception reports regularly, identify and resolve
- Bilingual Japanese/English required.
- High School Diploma or GED plus three more years' related
experience in air and ocean Import or Export operations is
- Knowledge of import /export regulations, domestic
transportation modes and providers is required. An equivalent
combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Demonstrate ability to provide great customer service.
- Strong ability to learn new technologies quickly enough to make
- Outstanding problem solving and leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize
and work around deadlines
- Must be able to work effectively and contribute value with
- Demonstrate ability in problem solving and negotiation with
special emphasis on corporate goals
- Ability to communicate in a cooperative and professional manner
with all levels of internal staff and entry level customer
- Ability to prioritize and work around deadlines.
- Ability to remain professional, confident and patient at all
- Must be a team player.
- Proficient in Microsoft -- Word, Excel and Power Point
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of
work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive
list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1 st of the month
following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death &
Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition
Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation , and much
Any and all benefits offered are subject to the eligibility
requirements, terms, and provisions set forth in the respective
policies and plan documents, which you may request from Human
About Yusen Logistics (Americas)
Yusen Logistics is a leading global provider of International
Freight Forwarding, Contract Logistics, and Supply Chain Solutions.
With over 24,000 employees across 45 countries, our extraordinary
employees work towards a common goal of providing large and small
companies across a variety of industries the logistics support they
need to meet the demands of their customers. For more information,
please visit our website at www.yusen-logistics.com .
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. values each individual employee and
is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by providing
equal employment opportunities for all applicants without regard to
race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status,
uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender
orientation, genetic information or any other protected status in
accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.
Keywords: Yusen Logistics, Grapevine , Customer Service Coordinator I, Hospitality & Tourism , Grapevine, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!