Network Operations Administrator II
Company: Paycom Payroll Llc
Posted on: January 9, 2022
Manages campus networks and related hardware and software;
responsible for maintenance subscriptions and licensing, manages
and configures Access and Distribution layer devices for the User
Networks; procures and manages data center circuits; keeps accurate
network documentation, and works to maximize uptime and
- Establishing user network specifications by conferring with
users; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security
requirements; network device administration, including interface
configuration and routing protocols.
- Maintaining peak network performance through monitoring and
analysis, evaluating availability, utilization, throughput, and
latency of the campus networks.
- Executing the selection, installation, configuration, and
testing of networking equipment; helps define network policies and
- Managing projects for the setup of new networks and procurement
of data center circuits.
- Meeting regularly with providers for project updates and
providing direction to vendors.
- Troubleshooting network problems and escalating problems to
- Securing network by implementing network access protocols,
monitoring, control, and evaluation; maintaining
- Supporting peers and users on network related topics and
- Driving network enhancements by conferring with vendors;
developing, testing, evaluating, and installing the
- Meeting fiscal requirements by adhering to defined
- Continually growing job knowledge by participating in
educational opportunities; staying up to date with industry
standards and new technologies; reading professional
- Protecting the organization's value by keeping information
- Accomplishing organization goals by accepting ownership for
completing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to
add value to job accomplishments.
- Managing work and priorities through ticketing system and
workflows to complete customer requests and projects.DOCUMENTATION
- Documents specific duties, activities, problems solved and
- Assists in the documentation of the network, applications and
resources on the network in conjunction with the public service
- Train team members on Paycom infrastructure and best
- Attends meetings and serves on committees, as requested.
- Performs additional duties and assignments as requested
- Some afterhours work is requiredEducation/Certification:
- Bachelors Degree Required.
- High School graduate required.
- CCNA PreferredExperience Required:
- 1-2 years of Network Administration in addition to:
- 1-2 years general IT experienceKnowledge of:
- Cisco Network Administration
- Network Performance Tuning
- Cisco IOS
- Thousand-Eyes Network Monitoring
- Network Security Practices and Concepts
- Wireless Networking
- Monitoring and Alerting
- Solarwinds Product Family
- Data and Voice Circuit Communications and Management
- Emerging Technology TrendsSkills/Abilities:
- Listen to team members and communicate instructions
- Ability to manage multiple jobs/projects at the same time.
- Strong ability prioritize and execute daily tasks
- Ability to take proactive steps in managing problems.
- Evaluate critical systems, prioritize workflow and determine
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Interpret and apply laws, regulations and policies
- Read and understand technical manuals
- Work for extended time at keyboard/terminal
- Maintain effective working relationships with supervisor and
- Work flexible hours, including weekends and eveningsPaycom is
an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and
harassment of any kind. Paycom makes employment decisions on the
basis of business needs, job requirements, individual
qualifications and merit. Paycom wants to have the best available
people in every job. Therefore, Paycom does not permit its
employees to harass, discriminate or retaliate against other
employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin,
military and veteran status, age, physical or mental disability,
genetic characteristic, reproductive health decisions, family or
parental status or any other consideration made unlawful by
applicable laws. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to
all persons in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion,
discipline, compensation benefits, and separation of employment.
The Human Resources Department has overall responsibility for this
policy and maintains reporting and monitoring procedures. Any
questions or concerns should be referred to the Human Resources
Department. ****To learn more about Paycom's affirmative action
policy, equal employment opportunity, or to request an
accommodation - Click on the link to find more information:
Keywords: Paycom Payroll Llc, Grapevine , Network Operations Administrator II, IT / Software / Systems , Grapevine, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!