Senior Analyst, Compensation
Company: Gamestop Corp.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
625 Westport Parkway
Working independently, the Senior Compensation Analyst provides
advanced analytical expertise to the planning, design, development,
and administration of employee compensation and total rewards
programs across the organization. Principal outcomes of this
position include executing, modeling and recommending strategies
and programs that maximize GameStop's competitive offerings, drive
business results and support the Company's strategic goals in a
cost-effective manner. An associate in this position will interface
regularly with HR colleagues and multiple levels of business
partners to ensure compensation components continue to be
competitively positioned and effectively attract, retain, and
reward associates. The Senior Compensation Analyst will interact
with his or her supervisor as needed. Most activities may be
completed without a supervisor's approval.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
- Provide analysis to guide the design, implementation and
administration of GameStop's compensation programs.
- Demonstrate capability, capacity and creativity to impactfully
contribute to GameStop's diverse total rewards offerings including
but not limited to incentive pay, base pay administration,
executive compensation, 401(k) and performance management
- Exhibit proactive drive and intellectual curiosity to conduct
research, streamline processes, assess opportunities, model
improvements and make proposals to ensure the Company's pay
structures, grades, ranges and practices are aligned with business
- Work collaboratively and influentially on projects with
cross-functional business partners including but not limited to
Accounting, Finance, Legal, Operations, Public Relations, IT and
Tech Brands to achieve desired business outcomes.
- Lead the administration of GameStop's short-term incentives,
long-term incentives and applicable variable pay programs.
- Participate in salary surveys, analyze survey results and make
recommendations relative to benchmarking jobs.
- Partner with managers and supervisors to analyze, document and
evaluate Company jobs.
- Provide guidance to management regarding salary changes
associated with promotions, demotions, transfers and relocations as
well as market and equity adjustments.
- Conduct research of regulatory legislation and identity
potential compensatory, operational and financial impacts.
- Participate in the planning and administration of GameStop's
annual performance review process.
- Initiate or assist in projects that support compensation design
projects including: data collection, data analysis, ROI analysis,
presentation development, communication and program
- Provide targeted, impactful communication of employee total
rewards through email, presentations and program documentation to
various audiences throughout the organization.
- Advise and provide assistance to Field HR organization's
efforts to identify, evaluate and resolve compensation issues.
- Partner with HRIS to optimally configure and enhance business
processes, compensation rules plans, grades and grade profiles,
compensation packages, stock and bonus plans and other
compensation-related objects in Workday.
- Create, develop, manage and sustain productive working
relationships with vendors to maximize intended business
- Support and advise the Company's business segments in matters
of compensation design and administration.
- Provide ad-hoc HR reports and statistics as needed.
- Perform additional tasks or duties as assigned.
- Maintain strict levels of confidentiality.
- Model the high level of customer service expected of all
GameStop associates including responding to voice mails and emails
within organizationally defined timeframes, completing projects as
committed, responding to others' feedback appropriately, and making
optimal use of organizationally limited resources by offering
assistance to other functional teams when appropriate
BASIC AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor degree from an accredited institution with
concentration in Human Resources, Business, Accounting or Certified
Compensation Professional required - Business / Management related
degree with emphasis in HR preferred
- At least 5 years of experience in a Human Resources or
Finance-related function required; analytical experience
- Demonstrated background of progressive responsibility in HR
with extensive knowledge of compensation practices, principles and
regulations required; experience in a large multi-state
retail/corporate environment preferred
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Expert knowledge of compensation theory and practice in
implementation of organization-wide pay structures and special pay
and incentive policies
- Proficient knowledge of international regulatory environments
as they relate to compensation programs
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with others;
conducts working relationships in a manner acceptable to others and
to the organization
- Proficient relationship building skills, including the capacity
to predict and manage behavior, build and leverage cross-functional
partnerships within and outside of the organization, and leverage
- Proficient knowledge of HR Management software such as Workday,
PeopleSoft or similar system
- Proficient knowledge of Windows-based business computers and
Microsoft Office programs; specifically, Excel and Outlook
- Proficient project planning skills, including the ability to
organize, prioritize and control job responsibilities in order to
meet deadlines in an environment with overlapping and potentially
- Demonstrated capacity for gathering/scrutinizing data to
identify issues, opportunities, patterns, and sustainable business
- Ability to assertively solve practical problems and deal with a
variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited
- Consistently demonstrates a commitment to GameStop policies and
procedures, including but not limited to, attendance,
confidentiality, conflict of interest, and ethical
Keywords: Gamestop Corp., Grapevine , Senior Analyst, Compensation, Other , Grapevine, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!