Registered Nurse - GI Manager (19239-147)
Company: United Surgical Partners International
Posted on: June 1, 2021
Job Summary: Provides nursing care within Texas state standards
of practice, and the policies of the Surgery Center. Makes
decisions regarding direct patient care needs and communicates
appropriate information to other team members. Helps maintain
equipment, supplies, and cleanliness of the unit as a whole. May
have additional responsibilities as designed by the Administrator,
which include, but are not limited to, providing patient care in
other departments (after being oriented and educated), serving on
committees, participating in quality improvement audits, and
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Formulates and implements nursing philosophy and objectives
consistent with the stated goals of the Center.
- Assists in developing policies, procedures, and staffing
essential to the achievement of the philosophy and objectives of
the Center. Reviews and revises these in collaboration with the
Administrator, the nursing staff and the professional staff,
keeping up to date on current trends in nursing practice and
- Evaluates programs and patient care activities.
- Ensures continued compliance with government regulatory
agencies, i.e. HIPPA, the facilities accrediting organizational
standards, and The Joint Commission.
- Assures documentation of patient care meets criteria dictated
by legal practice, state, and federal health standards.
- Develops an organizational structure, assigning
responsibilities and delegating authority that shall facilitate
safe, effective, and efficient care for the patient.
- Provides leadership and support in developing and maintaining
effective relationships with the center staff and the medical
- Establishes, maintains, analyzes, and evaluates standards of
nursing care within the GI department in compliance with
professional nursing and SGNA standards.
- Prepares daily, weekly and monthly nursing schedules.
- Initiates and / or supports activities to control costs.
- Delegates administrative responsibilities to another staff R.N.
in his / her absence with notification to the Clinical
- Reduces chance of nosocomial infection by directing attention
to infection control and environmental safety practices.
- Holds individual employees accountable for assigned
responsibilities, individual goals, and performance expectations
through annual performance evaluations and conferences.
- Establishes, maintains, and evaluates quality control studies
within GI department in collaboration with the FCO and the
Administrator to improve the services in this department.
- Oversees the EDGETM responsibilities of direct reports and
maintains own EDGETM
- Assists with environmental hazard and infection control
surveillance, and participates in emergency preparedness
- Maintains patient, physician, and employee privacy and
confidentiality per policy and HIPPA regulations.
- Follows the Center's professional code of conduct and dress
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing.
- Currently licensed as an RN by the Board of Nurse Examiners of
the State of Texas.
- CPR certification required, Advanced Caridac Life Support
- One year leadership experience required in the GI setting.
- Demonstrates clinical competency, leadership, and teaching
- Physically and emotionally capable of performing
responsibilities of position.
Demonstrates ability to work as a team member and to communicate
directly and professionally. Is flexible, reliable, productive,
patient-oriented, and self-motivated. Demonstrates the knowledge
and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the
patients served. Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth
and development over the life span. He/she is able to identify and
categorize each patient's age-specific grouping of needs, such as
those for an infant, adolescent, adult, or geriatric patient.
Maintains professional conduct and appearance.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding
to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Ability to deal
with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized
Other skills and abilities: General familiarity with medical
terminology as it pertains to anatomy and surgical procedures for
the peri-operative setting.
Keywords: United Surgical Partners International, Grapevine , Registered Nurse - GI Manager (19239-147), Other , Grapevine, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!