Managing Director of CVB Operations
Company: City of Grapevine
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Develops and oversees budgeting action plans in conjunction with
each of the Directors/Managers to ensure the success of all of the
established programs of the CVB. Provides direction, supervision
and consultation for the Facilities, Sister City, Historic
Preservation, Train Operations and Finance groups and their
programs. In conjunction with direct reports, develops annual
program of work and budget.
- Oversees the CVB Finance team, developing and coordinating the
budgets for the entire bureau and maintaining operational
- Participates with every division of the bureau to become aware
of the overall focus of the bureau and its various elements.
- Works in cooperation with all CVB divisions providing
suggestions of program enhancements where possible.
- Understands and operates within the local government arena and
the political climate.
- Oversees the Finance and Operations of the Train Program
setting goals and objectives for the division.
- Oversees the operational, marketing and service programs of the
- Oversees the Facilities division, setting goals and objectives
for the division; works with staff to ensure maximum and best usage
- Oversees the Sister City programs, coordinating the interaction
with the other divisions of the bureau; works with staff to develop
Sister City programs that enhance growth opportunities.
- Leads and directs the Historic Preservation and Programs team;
works with staff on programs and budgets and oversees staff
leadership for the Historic Preservation Commission and Heritage
- Provides leadership to staff for the best use of inventory and
- Monitors programs for effectiveness and reevaluates on an
on-going basis to ensure that CVB programs are in keeping with
- Maintains efficiency via software and technological upgrades
relative to industry trends. Maintains current knowledge of all
forms of research available for area of accountability.
- Develops and maintains relationships with all Convention Bureau
- Ensures the effective management and supervision of personnel
through recruitment, selection, training, and retention.
- Ensures City and Convention & Visitors Bureau administrative
policies and procedures are followed and maintained.
- Ensures that thorough activity reports are generated on a
timely and consistent basis.
- Ensures that the goals and objectives within the designated
areas of responsibility are communicated, monitored, and
- Ensures the development of the Finance, Budgets, Train
Operations, Facilities, Sister City and Historic Preservation
budgets, in conjunction with the staff - allocating funds in the
best way to support their various programs.
- Ensures and maintains efficiency in the divisions via software
and technologicalupgrades relative to industry trends.
- Performs related duties as directed when such duties are a
logical and appropriate assignment to the position.
- Regular and timely attendance are required for this
- Interacts professionally and respectfully with the public,
coworkers and others in the course of daily work.
- Knowledge of and experience in implementing the principles,
practices and theories of accounting, finance, forecasting,
planning and organization.
- Must be able to ensure that all City and Convention and
Visitors Bureau administrative policies and procedures are followed
- Must be able to understand and implement activity reports on a
consistent basis and accurately communicate the bureau's marketing,
sales and promotional programs.
- Must be able to ensure the goals and objectives of each
department within the bureau are communicated and monitored.
- Must be able to monitor budgeted revenues and expenditures on a
- Must be able to perform market trend analysis and
- Must have planning and organization skills.
- Must be able to produce and oversee/implement short and long
range goals and objectives.
- Ability to work with a variety of personalities and provide the
direction necessary to achieve the desired results.
Requires a Bachelor's degree preferably in business
administration and a minimum of five years of experience managing
multiple divisions with 10 or more direct and/or indirect reports
and combined budgets of ten million dollars or greater or an
equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience
that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to
perform the essential functions of the job.
Requires knowledge of and experience in implementing the
principles and practices of accounting, finance, forecasting,
planning and organization.
CPA certification is preferred.
Previous experience and knowledge working with contracts,
bidding and facilities maintenance is required.
Knowledge of sales, marketing and public relations is
Must pass a credit check and Federal/National criminal
Must have a valid Texas driver's license with an acceptable
driving record as defined by City policy. Disclaimer
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this
position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of
responsibilities, duties and skills required. This job description
does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer
and the employee and is subject to change by the employer as the
needs of the employer and the job requirements change.
Keywords: City of Grapevine, Grapevine , Managing Director of CVB Operations, Other , Grapevine, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!