Purchasing Agent - Baylor Scott & White Medical Center - Grapevine
Posted on: October 7, 2021
The people of Aramark proudly serve millions of guests every day
through food, facilities, and uniform services in 19 countries
around the world. Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we
strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our
communities, and our planet. We believe a career should develop
your talents, fuel your passions, and empower your professional
growth. So, no matter what you're pursuing - a new challenge, a
sense of belonging, or just a great place to work - our focus is
helping you reach your full potential. Learn more about working
here at http://careers.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook,
Instagram and Twitter.
Reporting to Food Services Director, the Purchasing Agent plans,
administers and directs all unit activities related to purchasing
complying with the standards established by Aramark Healthcare,
regulatory agencies and client. Establishes and maintains effective
working relationships with other departments. Level of impact is
within own operation.
- Responsible for managing the purchasing, receipt, accounts
payable and invoicing of all related items for the operation of the
department, within specified limits of delegated authority. Ensures
accounts payable is current.
- Works with Director and/or Food Production Manager/Executive
Chef to determine adequate levels of inventory necessary for the
efficient operation of the department, based on specifications and
schedules. Monitors and analyzes daily, weekly and monthly
financial and operating reports, and formulates an action plan to
correct deviations to business plan and budget.
- Implements and executes established company policies,
guidelines and procedures for all food and supplies purchased to
achieve highest quality/price value and budget objectives.
- Complies with Aramark programs by purchasing and monitoring
specified products and supplies through approved vendors.
- Ensures compliance to food safety, sanitation, and overall
workplace safety standards.
- Recognizes and adopts the appropriate food purchases to
specific needs of the patient/resident population and demonstrates
knowledge of specific issues directly related to age of
- Joins Chef in reviewing menus and analyzes recipes to determine
food, labor and overhead costs and assigns prices to menu
- Plans or participates in planning menus and utilization of food
surpluses and leftovers taking into account probable number of
guests, marketing conditions, popularity of various dishes and menu
cycle. Maintains inventory at established levels to meet budget
- Maintains friendly, efficient, positive customer service
attitude toward customers, clients and co-workers. Is responsive to
- Delivers strong operational performance by executing against
Aramark Healthcare and regulatory agency standards and programs,
continually monitoring operations, and completing assessments and
necessary action plans to provide optimal purchasing
- Maintains compliance with Aramark's standards of operation.
Adheres to Aramark's Business Conduct Policy at all times.
Maintains all records and reports to ensure compliance, with all
local, state and federal regulations and codes.
- Participates in the selection process of store room employees
to include interviewing and reference checks. Familiarizes new
employees with practices of store room.
- Maintains compliance with all requirements of Federal, State
and local regulations and guidelines including the Civil Rights Act
of 1964, as amended, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of
1967, as amended, and the Americans with Disabilities Act, as
- Performs all other related duties
- Position requires a Bachelor's degree plus 2 years' supervisory
experience or Associate's degree plus 3 - 4 years' supervisory
experience or 6 - 8 years' supervisory experience.
- 3 to 5 years experience in purchasing/receiving/ and
procurement, preferably in the Healthcare field.
- Ability to communicate (both verbal and written) effectively
with clients, customers of client and support staff.
- The position requires management and leadership skills in
addition to good planning and organization skill.
- Experience with and knowledge of all Microsoft Office
applications as well as accounting software, time keeping software
and payroll applications is required.
- Position requires the ability to work with confidential
employee, client and Aramark information.
Keywords: Aramark, Grapevine , Purchasing Agent - Baylor Scott & White Medical Center - Grapevine, Other , Grapevine, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!