Quality Control Chemist
Company: Versatile Building Products
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Ready to be part of something great? We are in search of adding
a passionate and innovative Quality Control Chemist to join our
growing team at our Grapevine, Texas location!
Versatile Building Products is a team of passionate innovators,
driven to create world-class products, that make peoples lives
better. We are inspired, and in turn, inspire others to turn dull,
dreary spaces into beautiful, durable, light and bright
environments that improve the productivity and mood of all who
inhabit them. Like all great companies, we strive to be the best.
We value integrity, excellence, respect, inclusivity and
collaboration. We have great people working together as a Dream
Team. With this approach, we are a more fun, productive, flexible,
collaborative and successful organization, and would like YOU to be
a part of it. Some of the perks of being part of our team are:
FREE health insurance
Above market wages
Incentive Bonus Program
Annual salary reviews
Competent, qualified team members and leadership
Stability [no layoffs in 32 years of business!]
Inclusive and respectful atmosphere
Culture built on Trust, Passion, Partnership and Continuous
This operating procedure is developed to provide a functional
description for the position of Quality Control Chemist. The
primary function of the Quality Control Chemist is performing
various analytical techniques and advanced lab practices in order
to assess the quality of Versatile products under GMP. Perform QC
related work including, but not limited to, preparing/performing
analysis samples from all phases of a manufacturing or other
handling processes and creating/revising SOPs. Provide technical
assistance to Sr. Chemist and Supervisor for various issues
regarding QC tasks. This position is key in our efforts toward
continuous improvement of our processes and products.
- Technical Capacity
- Communication Skills
- Computer Literacy
- Quality Assurance and Control
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Conduct QC testing in all phases of manufacturing including raw
material, in-process, bulk, finished goods and stability
- Conduct various analytical testing procedures as per
- Support design and development of experimental protocols, SOPs,
etc., consistent with GMP.
- Execute special projects on analytical and instrument problem
- Prepare and maintain testing records.
- Participate in procedure review and propose modifications and
- Independent preparation of samples, solutions, instrument
set-up and breakdown.
- Implementing new solutions for optimizing the production
processes in order to improve the efficiency and the cost
- Write and revise SOPs that can be leveraged by the Liquids team
to produce a consistent product with no quality issues.
- Communicate with the Formulating Chemists on all new products
going to production.
- Bring attention to his/her supervisor of all situations that
- Maintain Quality Control Database
- Oversight of manufacturing processes in accordance with current
Currently, this position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This position reports to the Warehouse Manager.
- Experience with Quality Control and testing
- General understanding of formula raw materials, and the general
function of each component.
- Has knowledge and experience with commercial 2-component Epoxy,
Urethane, Polyaspartic and other protective coatings
- Provide demonstrated ability to perform laboratory work and
experiments using best in class practices and standards
- Possess excellent oral, written, and interpersonal
communication skills in order to deal effectively with internal
personnel; generate written reports
- Working knowledge of the safe handling and operations of
working with hazardous chemicals
- Integrity and Trust: Demonstrated high level of integrity,
thoroughness, creativity, flexibility, and initiative.
- Must be a highly motivated, self-starter with a hands-on work
ethic with the ability to work independently and as part of a
- Computer proficiency is required. Must be able to work with
Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Experience with
various inventory and accounting software is preferred
- Must be able to perform work with complete accuracy, especially
as it pertains to contracts
- Must have excellent telephone and written communication
Education And/Or Experience
Required: Bachelors Degree in Chemistry or a closely related
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Versatile Building Products, Grapevine , Quality Control Chemist, Other , Grapevine, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!