Cardiac Sonographer 1
Company: Baylor Scott & White Health
Posted on: May 13, 2022
The Cardiac Sonographer 1 performs basic to advanced cardiac
ultrasound services and procedures for adult patients such as
transthoracic, transesophageal and stress, used to diagnose and
assess cardiac abnormalities. General duties include preparing
equipment, prepping patients and explaining procedures, reading the
images, report findings, analyzing patient clinical history in
order to identify the purpose of the examination, framing the
clinical question that the examination is intended to answer, and
expanding the examination as necessary to answer the clinical
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- Performs basic to advanced cardiac ultrasound procedures
utilizing a variety of equipment and techniques, and makes the
necessary measurements required for the interpretation to obtain
accurate, high quality results.
- Identifies and defines cardiac abnormalities and extends the
scope of the examination appropriately, deviating from standard
techniques when necessary and correlating invasive and noninvasive
cardiac diagnostic test results with cardiac anatomy and
- May assist physicians in the procedure rooms and operating
rooms by performing echocardiograph studies to aid them in
proceeding with complex procedures to decrease risk
- Assists in performing transesophageal studies with
cardiologist, calculating appropriate measurements and sterilizes
- Prepare patients for procedures and obtains clinical history
from the patient including cardiac related physical findings and
pertinent laboratory data in order to adapt the imaging techniques
to obtain comprehensive and diagnostic echocardiograms to alleviate
the probability of erroneous clinical interpretation of the
- Records statistics and performs daily maintenance of the
Echocardiography Lab and its equipment, reporting all malfunctions
- Acts as a resource to other staff, physicians and students
regarding equipment, techniques, procedures and studies to optimize
- Works closely with cardiac sonographer quality coordinator to
ensure quality processes and protocols are adhered to, and assists
with IAC accreditation activities as delegated.
- Implements protocols as new technology evolves, and ensures
system echocardiography standards are implemented and adhered
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Education & Experience requirements (must meet one of the
- - Associates degree in Cardiac Sonography from CAAHEP
accredited program, or
- - US military sonographer training program equivalent to an
Associate?s degree, or
- - Two (2) years of related sonography experience.
- Within 6 months from date of hire, must attempt to be
Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) granted by the
American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) or
Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RCS) granted by Cardio
Credentialing International (CCI).
- Knowledge and ability to apply complex sonographic principles,
instrumentation and techniques.
- Knowledge of cardiac anatomy and physiology.
- Ability explaining the purpose of the echocardiographic
examination to the patient and answering patients'
- Knowledge of approved clinical protocols for each type of
cardiovascular ultrasound examinations.
- Knowledge of proper infection control, including precautionary
procedures. Knowledge of relevant laws regarding patient
confidentiality and privacy.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively, both orally
and in writing, with healthcare providers, including other
sonographers, physicians, and nurses.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Skilled utilization of computers and medical equipment.
Our competitive benefits package includes the following
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level
- EDUCATION - Associate's or 2 years of work experience above the
- EXPERIENCE - Less than 1 Year of Experience
- CERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION -
- - - - - - -Basic Life Support (BLS)
- - - - - - -Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RCS), Reg Diag Cardiac
Sonographer (RDCS): Reg Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer RDCS or Reg
Diagnostic Medical Sonographer RDMS by the American Registry of
Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) or Reg Cardiac Sonographer
RCS or RVT by Cardio Credentialing Intl. (CCI) within 6 months of
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Health, Grapevine , Cardiac Sonographer 1, Other , Grapevine, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!