Company: City of Grapevine
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Assists in the planning, promotion, development, implementation and
supervision of various programs, activities, aquatics, field trips,
transportation, special events, leagues, tournaments and
1. As assigned, assists in planning, organizing and supervising
various recreational programs, activities, special events, leagues,
tournaments, transportation, field trips, hospitality/concessions,
and projects associated with area of specialty, usually with a 6
to12 month lead time prior to the event.
2. Informs the community of recreational opportunities through
advertising and promotions; markets and promotes programs by
preparing recreation publications, newsletters and flyers for
mailing and through other media.
3. Coordinates with City departments, community organizations, food
& beverage vendors, volunteers and school districts regarding
facility availability and scheduling.
4. Coordinates various programs with other City and department
personnel to inform them of activity involvement and anticipated
5. Makes recommendations to supervisor to hire part-time, casual
and temporary staff and contractors involved in programs and
6. Directs, trains, schedules and evaluates regular part-time,
part-time, casual and temporary staff; assists with payroll by
checking and approving staff timesheets.
7. Meets with and assists staff with assigned responsibilities and
8. Provides quality customer service at all times; greets public,
answers telephones, provides information and registers
9. Investigates and resolves citizen complaints concerning
programs, events, classes, instructors or the facility.
10. Provides various program and activity reports for supervisor;
makes recommendations for addition of new programs.
11. Prepares daily financial reports and deposits as needed.
12. Maintains and recommends supply and equipment needs.
13. Abides by City safety and health codes and ordinances.
14. Drives City vehicles as needed; may be required to transport
program materials, people and for various errands.
15. May operate cash register, inventory of products, monitors cost
of goods, various pool equipment, weight equipment, kitchen
appliances, and scoreboards; may use cleaning equipment such as
brooms, mops, and brushes and cleaning supplies.
16. May be required to work some early mornings, late nights,
weekends and holiday hours, as assigned.
17. Performs related duties as directed when such duties are a
logical and appropriate assignment to the position.
18. Regular and timely attendance are required for this
19. Interacts professionally and respectfully with the public,
coworkers and others in the course of daily work.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
* Knowledge of programs, various sports and leisure activities.
* Ability to work day, evening, weekend hours depending on
* Ability to understand and follow oral and written
* Skill in dealing effectively and efficiently with the public.
* Physical ability to perform assigned tasks.
* Ability to drive a 15 passenger van/bus.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Requires a Bachelor's degree in Recreation Administration, Leisure
Studies, Gerontology or related field or an equivalent combination
of education, training, and/or experience that provides the
required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential
functions of the job.
CPR and First Aid certification are required within first six (6)
months of hire or promotion.
Must pass a Federal/National criminal background check, credit
check and have a valid Texas driver's license with an acceptable
driving record as defined by City policy.
Must have physical ability to accomplish job tasks and work
outdoors as required.
Must pass a pre-employment basic physical, drug screen and
functional assessment screening (Level 2).
Must be able to work various times and be available nights,
weekends and some holidays.
Recreation Coordinator assigned to Community Events:
* Have the ability to handle logistics, vendors, and volunteers.
Must have working knowledge of various elements of dcor,
entertainment, and technical production terms, tools, and
Recreation Coordinator assigned to Hospitality:
* Obtain a Facility Manager Food Handlers certification with the
first six (6) month of hire or promotion.
Recreation Coordinator assigned to Aquatics:
* Possess or obtain American Red Cross Lifeguard certification
within six months of hire.
* Possess or obtain American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor
certification within 12 months of hire.
* Preferred certifications: American Red Cross Lifeguarding
Instructor, American Red Cross Lifeguarding Instructor Trainer,
American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor Trainer, Certified Pool
Operator, Aquatic Facility Operator.
Recreation Coordinator assigned to Active Adults:
* Required to obtain a Food Handlers certification within (6)
months of hire.
* Intermediate level user of Amilia software within (6) months of
While performing the essential functions of this position the
employee is rarely exposed to disagreeable environmental factors.
There will be some exposure to:
* Bright/dim light
* Dusts and pollen
* Extreme heat and/or cold
* Wet or humid conditions
* Extreme noise levels
* Fumes and/or noxious odors
* Moving machinery
Safety equipment such as gloves, goggles, hard hats, safety vests,
steel-toe boots, back support belts, and seat belts are provided
and must be worn as required by department procedures and good
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
This job entails moderate physical labor, which requires strength
and agility. While performing the duties of this job, the employee
frequently is required to stand; reach with hands and arms; climb
or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk and hear. The
employee is occasionally required to sit or smell. The employee
must occasionally lift, shovel, and carry 15 to 50 pounds and exert
up to 45 pounds of force. Specific vision abilities required by
this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision,
depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this
position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of
responsibilities, duties and skills required. This job description
does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer
and the employee and is subject to change by the employer as the
needs of the employer and the job requirements change.
Keywords: City of Grapevine, Grapevine , Recreation Coordinator-Aquatics, Other , Grapevine, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!