Associate Retirement Income Specialist
Posted on: September 21, 2022
Purpose of JobLet's do something that really matters.
We have an important mission: serving the members of the military
community and their families. It's both a chance to say thank you
and the opportunity to put your talents to work in a meaningful
way. To do it right, we need the right people. We're looking for
those who share our values of honesty, integrity, loyalty and
service. Because what we do is just as important as how we do it.
Come be a part of what makes us so special!Job RequirementsIt is
all about learning and growing.Our Retirement Income Specialist
role may be a new career for you, but the journey is mapped out.
There's a lot to learn. Our comprehensive, fully paid training
program including class discussions, hands-on training, e-learning
modules, and the instructor led guidance will help you to support
our membership with their questions about long term care solutions,
and other retirement financial needs products.Our eight week
in-office program provides the training you need and the
encouragement to create a proactive and independent support style
to assist our members with choosing the best products for their
- Receives request for advice from current and prospective
members through various channels, including inbound and outbound
- Asks questions to discover key information and retirement
events and understand need or problem. Documents relevant
- Assesses member financial situation and goals.
- Develops and communicates appropriate retirement income
strategies based on individual member needs. Provides retirement
advice and strategies and understand the steps in crafting an
effective retirement income plan.
- Recommends relevant financial product(s) and services and
refers for solutions that they are not trained and/or licensed to
recommend or fulfill.
- Motivates member to take action on recommendation(s) and
overcomes objections using basic sales techniques and developing
persuasion skills. Implements recommendation(s).
- Familiar with the latest retirement strategy research and
supervises legislative initiatives that may impact economy,
society, and personal financial situation.
- Educates membership on implications of economic, industry
trends, tax law changes, estate issues, retirement risks, and other
threats to an effective retirement income plan, as well as USAA's
financial products and services.
- Integrate risk management tools, products, and strategies to
build an effective retirement income plan.
- May be expected to conduct outbound calls to follow up on
products and services previously discussed.Work Schedule: Must be
available to work a shift between the hours of 7:30 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Monday - Friday.Minimum Requirements:
- HS diploma or GED.
- Valid Life/Health license and required maintenance and/or
ability to acquire within 90 days of hire.
- Up to 1 year financial industry and/or sales experience.
- Experience delivering frequent written and oral
- Experience acquiring and applying new concepts and
- Experience processing and analyzing information.
- Experience fulfilling requests and meeting deadlines.
- Experience resolving conflict and negotiating.
- Experience multi-tasking in an operating systems
- Experience participating in or leading teams.
- Successful completion of a job-related assessment may be
- US military experience through military service or a military
- Currently hold or have held FINRA licenses 6,7,63,65 or 66
- Current Life and Health License
- 1 year of Annuity Sales Experience
- Experience Working in an Inbound/Outbound Call Center
- Retirement Income Certified Professional Designation
(RICP)Compensation: USAA has an effective process for assessing
market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain
competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your
experience and market position. The hiring range for this position
is: $46,000 - $82,900 USD.Employees may be eligible for pay
incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or
at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.Geographical
Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay
provided to eligible employees working in locations where market
pay levels are above the national average.Shift premium: Addressed
on an individual basis for applicable roles that are consistently
scheduled for non-core hours.Benefits: At USAA our employees enjoy
best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and
emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical,
dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental
benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid
holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness
programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing
education assists employees with their professional goals.To see
details on our outstanding benefits, visit .Relocation assistance
is not available for this position.
Keywords: USAA, Grapevine , Associate Retirement Income Specialist, Other , Grapevine, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!