Sr. Associate, Network Operations
Company: Santander Holdings USA Inc
Posted on: January 13, 2023
Sr. Associate, Network OperationsCountry: United States of
AmericaWHAT YOU WILL BE DOINGThe Sr. Associate, Network Operations
manages and interprets monitoring and reporting mechanisms that
measure the Service Providers performance. S/he amends existing
metrics and develops and implements new metrics and reports as
technologies and services evolve over time. In addition, the
incumbent reviews and approves technical and project status
reports, development of mitigation/remediation plans, and suggests
improvements. The Sr. Associate, Network Operations ensures that
efficient and cost-effective technology solutions, aligned with
enterprise architectures, are developed and deployed so as to
enhance organizational productivity and improve the Company's
competitive position.The Network Operations engineer is responsible
for building and maintaining the day-to-day operation of Santander
network working closely with the users in branches, back offices,
campus and DCs, WAN and LAN environments. - Primary duties are
maintenance of Santander Network, implementation of new solutions,
perform troubleshooting in incident calls in order to identify
potential issues and fix existing problems. - Work with service now
ticketing system to request and provide support to other areas in
- Designs, plans, and governs strategic and cross-organizational
optimization of an enterprise's systems, processes, or components.
Controls and monitors day-to-day IT operations, change management,
deployment, and DC and systems management. Ensures that the
business and IT are in alignment. Drives the architecture
approaches and processes to ensure that it is the most efficient
and secure IT environment for the company.
- Manages the daily infrastructure operations to ensure high
- Supports day to day problem determination and resolution of
system software related to incident and problem tickets raised by
- Understand the architecture of enterprise-level server hardware
configurations and provide operational support to customers and
- Handles change, Incident, Problem and Escalation
- Excellent communication and leadership skills, ability to work
well with others team members.
- Create complete end-to-end plans including designs and/or
upgrades for enterprise-wide LANs/WANs.
- Coordinate any modifications to the network environment with
other IT departments and change management.
- Ability to perform fault isolation and resolution in a
methodical, thorough manner.
- Assist with life-cycle management evaluations and
- Rotate 24x7 on-call support with other team members as
- Experience designing and operating networks using routing
protocols such as BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, MPLS, VRFs, route leaking,
route redistribution, route-maps. WAN technologies including MPLS,
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining Cisco
Catalyst 9000 and Nexus switches of various types, switch stack
configurations, MLAG, MEC, vPC, peer links, and spanning tree
protocols including, R-PVST, PVST.
- Experience with network management applications and related
protocols such as SNMPv3 and Netflow, SolarWinds, NetBrain CA,
Spectrum, Wireshark and Netscout, Cisco Prime and Cisco DNA-C.
- Experience with Cisco wireless networking technologies in the
802.11 protocol suite, wireless LAN controllers, access
- Understanding of, and experience with applying Information
Security concepts and protocols to core network infrastructure and
data transport including IPsec, L2 and user VPN GRE Tunnels, Access
Control Lists (ACL's), 802.1x NAC, MAB (MAC Authentication Bypass)
and Cisco ISE. AAA Architecture: TACACS+ and RADIUS.
- Valid Cisco certifications including CCNP, CCDA and CCDP are
desirableQualifications: To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.Education:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experienceWork Experience:
- 9-12 years relevant experience covering enterprise datacenter
server hardware administration in a large-scale infrastructure
setup in a functional team member role.Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to effectively and confidently communicate complex
concepts - in speaking and writing -with team members and all
levels of technical and nontechnical customer stakeholders
- Ability to create diagrams, policies, procedures,
presentations, etc., as needed for day-to-day management as well as
read blueprints/schematics, etc. as needed for planning/issue
- Familiarity of industry change management best practices
- Enriching interpersonal skills
- Highly self motivated and self-directed
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, critical thinking, and
communication, and presentation skills
- Excellent attention to detail, quality, and follow-through;
commitment to continuous improvement and the elimination of
performance variabilityDiversity & EEO Statements: At Santander, we
value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to
increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone
to apply.Santander is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any
other characteristic protected by law.Working Conditions: Frequent
Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing and walking.
Occasional moving and lifting equipment and furniture is required
to support onsite and offsite meeting setup and teardown.
Physically capable of lifting up to fifty pounds, able to bend,
kneel, climb ladders.Employer Rights: Employer Rights: This job
description does not list all of the job duties of the job. You may
be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties.
You may be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the
tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to
revise this job description at any time. This job description is
not a contract for employment and either you or the employer may
terminate at any time for any reason. Bachelor of Science (BS)
Primary Location: -Dallas, Texas, United States of America
Other Locations: -Texas-Dallas
Organization: -Santander Consumer USA Inc.
Keywords: Santander Holdings USA Inc, Grapevine , Sr. Associate, Network Operations, Other , Grapevine, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!