Company: Yusen Logistics
Posted on: March 21, 2020
Overview Qualified candidates must be able to work on a weekend &
evening rotation .
Brokerage License is required.
The Import Manager directs and manages the activities of the import
department within a Branch, ensuring all import activities; both
transportation and CHB related are in compliance with regulatory
- Establish, oversee and continuously improve the branch import
process flows in conformance with applicable rules, procedures and
- Develop internal SOP's and KPI's for the efficient management
of inbound freight including timely recover and hand over to
- Work with the sales department to develop customer-specific
import handling procedures for all customers but especially with
the on boarding of new customers.
- Ensure accurate documentation is created and data is
transmitted to appropriate governmental agencies for all import
activities. Provide timely responses to customs, customer and
internal requests /notices, regarding classification, duty rates,
documentation requirements, or other import regulations. Represents
customers to CBP as needed.
- Maintain current information and ensures compliance with CBP
regulations and other government agency regulations. Ensure such
knowledge is factored into the departmental processes and employees
are trained in import compliance and regulatory requirements and
- Organize, update and disseminate all client data including rate
agreements, Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS) classification, POA,
IRS, Customs Bond data, etc. to all required OCD for update in
proprietary systems (YUNAS and GDS).
- With input from Branch Manager, review and enhance customer
account profitability and timeliness and accuracy of all
- Arrange for transportation, warehousing or distribution of
imported products based on transit times and optimum profit
opportunity. Negotiate contracts/rates with delivery agents.
- Monthly reporting to branch management.
CUSTOMS BROKERAGE RESPONSIBILITIES :
In some locations the Import Manager manages the customs brokerage
activities and functions as the broker of record for all custom
brokerage functions and is:
1) Responsible to US Customs as the Licensed Broker for Yusen
- Interface with government agencies and maintains positive
- Maintain customer bond and power of attorney files.
- Perform post entry functions - including applying for tariff
concessions , refunds, duty drawbacks, credits, resolving all
issues involving customs and other government agency
2) Responsible to manage the audit program in the Branch and ensure
compliance is continually maintained:
- Conduct audits and assess import compliance on every file where
CHB services are provided.
- Ensures JSOX compliance
Responsible for supervising Import/CHB staff. Carries out
supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's
policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include
interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning,
and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and
disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving
- College Degree preferred. An equivalent combination of
education and experience may be considered.
- Brokerage License is required.
- 5+ years experience in handling Imports. Included in this
experience is 3+ years of supervisory experience.
- Possesses excellent customer service skills with the ability to
grasp extensive knowledge while dealing with a variety of
- Ability to communicate complex CBP requirements to importers
for excellent understanding of import, CBP, and other regulatory
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the
ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to manage own profit center and report on revenue
generation, profit and loss.
- Experience with staff training including organizing,
developing, and administering training to local CHB personnel.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of
work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive
list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1 st of the month
following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death &
Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition
Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation , and much
Any and all benefits offered are subject to the eligibility
requirements, terms, and provisions set forth in the respective
policies and plan documents, which you may request from Human
About Yusen Logistics (Americas )
As a part of the NYK Group, Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc.
operates a network that provides specialization in key logistics
products to include International Freight Forwarding, Integrated
Solutions (Customized Logistics) and Contract Logistics services,
along with transportation solutions all while providing complete
and seamless US wide coverage. For more information, please visit
our website at www.yusen-logistics.com .
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. is committed to providing equal
employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without
regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship
status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and
gender orientation, genetic information or any other protected
status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local
laws. This commitment extends to all aspects of the company's
employment practices including, but not limited to, recruiting,
hiring, promoting, transferring, compensation, benefits, training,
leaves of absence, termination, and other terms and conditions of
Keywords: Yusen Logistics, Grapevine , Import Manager, Professions , Grapevine, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!