Eaton Electrical Services Systems Early Talent Program - Switchgear Mo
Posted on: February 14, 2021
We Make What Matters Work.
You want to make an impact in the world. At Eaton, we're solving
some of the toughest challenges on the planet. Our Early Talent
Programs ensure that you have a multitude of opportunities to make
an impact across a global organization. Participants in our Early
Talent Programs work to solve real-world challenges while
developing the skills required to lead at the next level. Early
Talent assignments hold true significance to our businesses. In
turn, participants gain enriching and diverse experiences and work
side by side with experienced leaders to power their careers.
What Sets Our Early Talent Programs Apart
- Each individual's development experience is customized to help
participants reach their potential; no two participants will have
the same experience or set of responsibilities.
- Participants receive cross-functional exposure. They have
opportunities to build their skills and try on different roles
early in their career, ultimately maximizing their potential for
consideration for a variety of future roles.
- By keeping our programs small and selective, we are able to
make hiring decisions based on each candidate's unique skill set
and high potential.
- The opportunity to learn from senior leaders is a part of the
fabric of every experience.
Your career matters - and we're here to make it work. Are you
The Eaton Switchgear Modernization Engineering Internship, with the
Electrical Engineering Services and Systems Business, is designed
to provide opportunities to a diverse mix of students who
demonstrate the same high level of ethics, values, creativity and
performance we expect from our employees. During the 12-week paid
internship, students will work on projects that have a measurable
impact on our business and will be coached and mentored by leaders
within the division.
Eaton's Switchgear Modernization product line offers a host of
solutions for aging power systems to extend the useful life of
electrical power systems. These range from reconditioning to
equipment replacement and additions to existing systems that
improve reliability and safety.
As a Switchgear Modernization intern, you will be responsible for
the layout and design of custom solutions for metal enclosed and
metal-clad switchgear components for low voltage (LV) and medium
voltage (MV) applications to meet customer specifications and
industry standards. The intern must be capable of self-management
and will work as part of a cross-functional team to develop
specifications, bill of materials, mechanical and/or electrical
design layouts, assembly and detail drawings and models utilizing
AutoDesk Inventor or equivalent software. The intern will consult
with engineers, manufacturing, marketing and supply chain when
required to solve problems. Individual shall demonstrate the
ability to identify and meet project schedules and budgets.
Responsibilities include interpreting customer requirements,
identify and addressing design parameters and engineering problems
and ensuring solutions are implemented accurately and within
budget. Participation in assembly, design testing and documentation
of life extension solutions is also required.
This internship will help prepare you for both technical and future
leadership roles at Eaton. As an intern, you will be provided with
a structured training and development curriculum; a blend of
instructor-led, virtual classrooms, eLearning courses, and
on-the-job training provided by expert mentors and team members to
assist you in developing your career.
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
- Actively enrolled in a bachelor's degree program in
engineering, with a major in Electrical, Electrical Engineering
Technology or Electro-Mechanical, Mechanical Engineering or
Mechanical Engineering Technology from an accredited
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.80 or higher (please do not
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a
permanent basis without company sponsorship now or in the
- Training and/or experience working with AutoCAD, AutoDesk
Inventor, Pro-E, or Solidworks.
- Demonstrated leadership experience within campus and/or the
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail are
necessary for success.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and ability to perform mechanical
assembly and functional tests is preferred.
- Possess good interpersonal skills and enjoy a fast-paced
environment with the ability to manage multiple activities at the
same time and flexibility to adjust to changing project
- Ability to read engineering drawings of complex assemblies and
- Mechanical aptitude and knowledge and use of hand tools and
basic machine tools.
- Ability to use precision measurement tools and layout
- Strong Computer Skills; Knowledge of MS Office; Outlook, Word,
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Geographical flexibility to relocate within the United States
for the duration of the Internship Program
- Transportation to and from the worksite and for incidental
business travel is the responsibility of the intern; however,
expenses for required and approved business travel (not including
the worksite) will be reimbursed.
- The summer internship culminates with a formal presentation
where students showcase their success stories to leaders of the
organization and receive feedback on their performance.
- Knowledge and practice of safety precautions related to working
with electrical and electronic equipment.
- Participant must be willing to relocate to Warrendale,
North America - US/Puerto Rico
United States-Texas-Grapevine, United States-Arizona-Chandler,
United States-Ohio-West Chester, United States-Kansas-Lenexa,
United States-Washington-Bellevue, United
States-Pennsylvania-Warrendale, United States-Texas-Houston, United
Beachwood OH Loc
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility)
allowed for this position?
Does this position offer relocation?
Relocation from within hiring country only
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Requisition ID :090940
Keywords: Eaton, Grapevine , Eaton Electrical Services Systems Early Talent Program - Switchgear Mo, Professions , Grapevine, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!