Company: Kubota Tractor Corporation
Posted on: April 9, 2021
For Earth For Life BASIC PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF POSITION Assembly,
test and operate existing and prototype equipment for performance,
durability, reliability customer-fitness-for-use, and
dealer-install-time tests. Perform mechanical, electrical, and
diagnostic work in the shop and assure a safe shop work
environment. Understand customer uses and abuses of the Kubota
products and adjust the products to be robust against the abuses.
PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES: This position does the following in
accordance with all applicable Federal, State and local laws /
regulations and the Company's policies, procedures and
- Assembles and operates equipment for performance and durability
tests for product engineers according to the specs of the equipment
(prototype and production units).
- Prepares prototype machines for end-of-life destruction after
testing. Prepares test report for engineering evaluation and
- Verifies installation instructions and manuals for technical
information, ie. time, tools, methods. Ensures quality installation
of parts on equipment to meet standard and compliance requirements
and that each machine leaving the shop is 100% fit for use.
- Prepares and paints equipment for marketing presentations and
shows and provide technical support to Engineering, Advertising,
Sales and Marketing Departments.
- Coordinates on a daily basis with the shop foreman with
direction from engineering manager and product engineers.
- Repairs and maintains shop tools and equipment.
- Attends training seminars for new product as well as computer
classes to strive to do a more thorough job. One week per year in
Kubota University Technical Training and one week per year riding
with a service technician learning machine trouble shooting,
customer and dealer requirements.
- Shares ideas regarding technology with colleagues and other
departments. Strives to discover innovative ideas that improve the
performance, durability and quality of products and implements.
Demonstrates a commitment to improvement and willingness to learn
and to be flexible with ideas. SPECIAL PROJECTS As assigned MINIMUM
QUALIFICATIONS EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS, AND TRAINING: High school
diploma or GED required. 2 Year Associates degree preferred or 3
years relevant experience. SKILLS AND BACKGROUND:
- Experience with maintenance and operation of heavy equipment,
off-road mobile machinery, and independent mechanic work and tool
- Experience with loading and rigging trailers preferred.
- Experience evaluating equipment and technical manuals
- Critical thinking and electrical/mechanical analysis
- Experience in 2-3 of the following areas preferred: welding,
carpentry, steel fabrication, truck driving, diagnostics, hydraulic
systems, electrical systems, reading drawings and schematics.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic computer operation including email and Microsoft Office
- Must be able to travel. LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to read, write and communicate in English.
- Must be able to share ideas and specification between cultures
and cross-functional departments. EQUIPMENT OPERATION (% of time,
description, nature of service):
- All Kubota lines: tractors, turf, RTV and construction
equipment with attachments and implements- Kubota line needs to be
assembled, tested, serviced or repaired accordingly
- Also, office equipment including computer, copier, fax, phone,
printer, large screen monitors. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be able
to lift up to 50 lbs. The position will require walking, standing
and sitting at a computer, work bench, ladders, scissor lifts,
personal protective equipment, and in some cases lying on the floor
or in dirt/grass. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Must be familiar with and
able to operate and work around heavy equipment while adhering to
all safety procedures and policies, and be able to coach others to
do the same in a manner to create a respectful safe work
environment for anyone in the area. Travel-10% Kubota is an equal
opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any
employee or applicant for employment because of age, race,
religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national
origin. Other details
- Pay Type Hourly Apply Now
Keywords: Kubota Tractor Corporation, Grapevine , Product Technician, Professions , Grapevine, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!